Jira Integration in Domino¶
Jira is arguably one of the most popular tools for project management. As it gains popularity in the Data Science community, Domino allows commonly performed actions in Jira to be taken from inside your project.
This section details how to link your Domion deployment to your Jira deployment. Once this configuration is done, users having a Domino account and a Jira account would be able to link them via OAuth.
Jira-Integration in Domino supports both Jira Cloud and Jira Server (> 7.1.6). For Jira integration to work, an Application-Link needs to be configured between Domino and Jira.
You would need to have an admin account on Domino and also an Atlassian/Jira account with admin priveleges.
Step 1: Go to admin > Advanced > Feature Flags section and ensure that the ShortLived.JiraIntegrationEnabled feature flag is set to true in the global scope. (Note: The user scope should use the global setting)
Step 2: Go to admin > Advanced > Jira Configuration
Provide the url of your Jira deployment and click on Add configuration.
You will need the details on this page in subsequent steps. Please note the Public Key, Incoming Consumer Key and Incoming Consumer Name as these won’t be visible once you move away from this screen.
This step add the relevant central config values and need a restart of the Domino services. Please click on restart services. There will be a temporary down time of 5-10 mins as the rolling restart of Domino takes place. No active executions are affected by this restart.
Step 3: Log in to your Atlassian/Jira account. Note that you would need to have admin priveleges on this account to proceed further.
- Click on your settings (gear) icon and click on Products (Your UI may differ from the screenshot based on the version of you Jira)
- Click on Application Link on the left menu bar under the Integrations section
- Provide your Domino deployment URL and click on Create New Link
- A popup box with your URL pre-filled should appear. Ignore the warning that you see and click on continue.
- Provide the Application Name that was generated in Step 2 above
- You can leave rest of the field empty or if it’s required for your deployment, fill it with dummy values
- It’s mandatory to click on the checkbox at the end of the form before you click Continue. Please note the below screenshot for reference
- Click on Continue and in the next form and provide the Consumer Name, Consumer Key and Public Key from Step 2
All projects which have a Jira ticket linked to them will be visible in the Jira Configuration page (Admin -> Advanced -> Jira Configuration). An Admin can choose to unlink projects directly from this screen for all the projects
Reconfigure/Remove Jira Integration¶
Domino can be reconfigured to use another Jira instance or delete the configuration with the following steps:
- Unlink all jira linked projects
- Go to Jira Configuration Page and delete current configuration
- Follow the steps in Configuration section to link a new connection